Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Egg Choosing Time

One of my favorites -- and probably the children's, too, is the "Easter Egg" singing time.  You will need several (12 -24) plastic Easter eggs that open.  On slips of paper, write the titles of songs that you would like to sing/review.  My list is:
My Heavenly Father Loves Me p. 228
I Am a Child of God p. 2
Did Jesus Really Live Again p. 64
I Will Be Valiant p. 162
Fun to Do p. 253
If the Savior Stood Beside Me 
Hosanna p. 66
Easter Hosanna p. 68
He Sent His Son  p. 34


On a few other slips of paper, write a few questions about Easter.

Why do we celebrate Easter?
How was Jesus crucified?
What was placed on Jesus' head?
Where did Jesus pray before he was crucified?
Where did they put Jesus' body?
What happened in 3 days?
Who did Jesus see first after He was resurrected?
Who did he visit after His resurrection? 

Use only enough songs and questions that you will have time for in singing time.  Place slips of paper in each egg.  You can hide them in the primary room or I prefer to have them in a basket and choose children to open the eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment