Saturday, March 26, 2011

Latter Day Prophet and Leaders

As we prepare for General Conference, this activity will help children recognize the First Presidency and the twelve apostles today.  Tell them that many of them will be speaking and what they say is what Heavenly Father wants us to hear.  As one of our songs says, "If I listen with my heart, I hear the Savior's words."

Find pictures of the First Presidency and the twelve apostles and tape them on the board.  Behind each picture put the title of songs that you would like to review.  Behind the rest of the pictures put all or some of the following question:
  • How can I prepare for General Conference?
  • What can I do during conference to help me listen?
  • How can I help my family listen to conference?
I used these questions several times because there are many ideas that the children will want to share.  There are some excellent ideas in The Friend that you could suggest, also. Let the children take turns choosing a picture, then tell who it is.  Sing the songs behind the pictures or answer the questions.

I print a list of all the names of the twelve and the First Presidency so the children can see them.  They may not be able to put a name with a picture so the teachers can help.  Check off the names as they are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment