Friday, April 19, 2013

Mother, Tell Me a Story

"Mother, Tell Me a Story," p. 204, is perfect in adding a variety if you are planning a little Mother's Day program.  Teaching children this song can be quite easy by using your hands and arms as you sing.  Every time you sing "love," put both hands over your heart.
  • Mother, tell me a story - act like you are holding a book with your hands
  • that I love (hands over your heart) to hear - point to ear
  • Tell me of heaven - point up
  • and why I came here - both hands point to the children
  • Mother, tell how you love me - hands over your heart then point to yourself
  • and gently speak - put one finger to your lips as if to say "shhhhhh"
  • and then I will go to sleep - put both hands to the side of your face as if a pillow and shut your eyes

Ask all the female teachers to learn the "Mother" part or ask a soloist to sing the second part with the children.  I have the children sing first by themselves then sing it again with the second part (Mother part).  A flutist  or violinist could also play the second part as the children sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment