Friday, June 30, 2017

My Flag, My Flag

Every country has their own flag.  "My Flag," p. 225, is a great song for any country!  The repetition makes this song easy to teach and fun to sing.  When you look at the words in "poem" style, you can see the repetition and rhymes.

My flag, my flag, my country's flag,
I love to see you wave;
My flag, my flag, my country's flag,
The banner of the brave.

Wave on, wave on forever,
The banner of the free;
Wave on, wave on forever,
The banner of the free;

The flag of liberty.

The children will need to hear the melody several times, so sing 2 lines at a time a few times then go to the next 2 lines.  It helps if you can move your hand with the melody so the children can see when the melody goes up or down.

Find pictures or actual flags of different countries and see if the children can identify which countries they represent.  Missionaries that you know may have one from the country they served in that you might borrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment