Saturday, November 10, 2018

Thankful

I love this time of year - Thankful time!  The Primary Songbook has some great "thankful" songs - pages 6 through 21 and several more under "gratitude" in the index.

"I Am Glad for Many Things," p. 151, is a favorite.  Children love replacing "many things" with something they are specifically thankful for.
"I am gald for my fam'ly, my fam'ly, my fam'ly"
You could sing this many times, asking for things the children are thankful for and then singing about what they are thankful for.

"I'm thankful to Be Me," p. 11, is another "thankful" song the children will enjoy singing.  You could also substitute the words on the third line with other things the children are thankful for.

You could also share pictures of things that we are thankful for and substitute them in place of the words in the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment