Saturday, August 10, 2019

When I Am Baptized

"When I Am Baptized," p, 103, was written by a friend of mine.  She played the piano beautifully and always willing to share her talent.  I'm so gald that she shared this beautiful song with us.

Use pictures to help teach this song to the children.  I like to ask the children, ahead of time, to draw the pictures for me.  You can always find and/or draw your own.

First verse:

  • rainbow
  • rain (raindrops or clouds with drops falling from them)
  • the earth
Second verse:
  • a child being baptized
  • picture of a child
Chorus:
  • show or point to the rain and earth
  • show or point to the child and a picture of Jesus
Sing each verse several times then add the chorus.  Repetition is the key to learning and remembering the words.  Encourage the children to teach these songs to their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment