Saturday, February 15, 2020

I Feel My Savior's Love

There are 4 verses to "I Feel My Savior's Love," p. 74.  All of them are well worth teaching to the children.  There are 4 short phrases in each verse and then the chorus.

You are your BEST visual aid.  You can teach this song with a few simple actions.

  • I feel my Savior's love - cross your arms and rub your upper arms - like a hug.
  • In all the world around me - make a circle with your arms
  • His Spirit warms my soul - cross your arms like a hug.
  • Through ev'rything I see. - hand over your eyes as if looking at something
2nd verse

  • I feel my Savior's love - cross your arms and rub your upper arms - like a hug.
  • It's gentleness enfolds me - cross your arms like a hug
  • And when I kneel to pray - touch your knees and bend them slightly
  • My heart is filled with peace - put one or both hands over your heart

  • 3rd verse
    • I feel my Savior's love - cross your arms and rub your upper arms - like a hug.
    • And know that He will bless me - both hands on your head as if being blessed
    • I offer Him my heart - hand over your heart and then move your hand upward as if giving it to God
    • My shepherd He will be - make the motion of grabbing a staff and tap it on the floor
    4th verse
    • I'll share my Savior's love - both hands on your heart then move them outward as if giving it to everyone
    • By serving others freely - do an action of service - sweeping, shoveling, dusting, pulling weeds, etc.
    • In serving I am blessed - both hands on your head as if being blessed
    • In giving I receive - hands out then bring them in close to you
    Chorus
    • Sing the chorus 
    • Ask the children to come up with an action for each phrase or you can teach each phrase by having the children sing it 3 times after you sing it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment