Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Presents

One of my favorite activities at this time of year is "Christmas Present Singing Time."  I select 8 to 10 songs (mostly Christmas songs).  I put the titles in a box and wrap it up.  I use boxes of all different sizes and a variety of wrapping paper.  I don't use ribbon because it takes too long to open.  There are several ways to pick the person to open the present.
  • Before the children come into Primary, put a sticker under 8 chairs.  Make sure that the stickers are random throughout the room.  Who ever has a sticker on their chair gets to pick a present.
  • Put names in a bag or box and draw a name out.
  • Have a teacher choose a child to open the present.
I try to sing just one verse so there is plenty of time to sing all the songs.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, this idea worked wonderfully! I used songs from this last year, songs from next year, and Christmas songs. Thank you, thank you! --Laurel

    ReplyDelete