Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year 2011

We all have a new program to work with this year.  Organization and planning will be the very best way to teach and learn the songs for 2011 "I Know the Scriptures Are True."  Begin by making a folder with a copy of all the songs that you will be teaching this year.  You can make copies from the Church music website.  Simply click on the link and type in the title of the hymn or primary song, then press "copy" on the lift side of the screen.  I make a copy or two for the accompanist, also, so she or he has the music all together.  I then make a page of all the words for the songs.  I use this to enlarge and make word charts for the children or phrase charts, etc.  I also make a copy for the teachers and give it to them just before we perform the program in the fall.  I don't like to give them the words before because I need their attention so the children will concentrate on me as well.  (Sometimes the teachers let the children have the words and then they never get the songs memorized.)  I then start memorizing the songs in January so I am ready to teach them.  I also start thinking of different ways to teach the songs.  I work with the presidency of the primary and choose the two songs of our choice so I know in January all the songs for the program. 

Each month, I will post several ideas for singing time.  Please feel free to ask questions or ask for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment