Friday, March 2, 2012

This is a great month to get ready for General Conference.  The March issue of The Friend, page 26, has a great picture page.  I downloaded the page from the Church website.  I enlarged each square to about a 6 inch square, then cut each one out and laminated each square.  This week I will place them on the sides or the board.  As we sing our songs (I'm using the songs from the 2012 Sacrament Meeting Program), I'll ask one or two children to find a picture that we sang about or has the word in the song.  We will then try to make a large square of pictures.

I will be using these pictures for the rest of the month to help the children listen for these words.  By April 1, 2012, they will be ready to listen to Conference and find these words as they listen to each speaker and songs that are sung.  Each week this month I will post a new activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment