Saturday, January 19, 2013

I Am A Child of God - 3rd verse

Sing through the first 2 verses of "I Am   Child of God."  Ask the children what each verse is talking about.
  • 1st verse - Who I am, where and to whom I was sent from heaven - child of God, sent to earth to parents kind and dear.
  • 2nd verse - Who I am, I have needs, what I need to understand.
The third verse talks about blessings that are mine if learn what Heavenly Father wants me to learn.  Ask the children to share several blessings that we will receive if we follow the teachings of Jesus.  The list could be short or long. 

Sing the third verse.  Have the children sing with you.  Help them sing it 3 times and then sing the chorus.  Ask them what phrase each verse begins with.  (I Am Child of God.)  Why is it important to know who we are.  The children may ave several responses.  Sing the first 3 verses with chorus each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment