Saturday, June 21, 2014

Out to Dry

I like to review all the songs that we have learned so far this year - particularly for the Sacrament Program. 
You will need:
  • a piece of heavy string or thin rope that you can tie across the primary room or between two poles or chairs high enough for the children to reach and see.
  • clothes pins - (they are cheap at the dollar stores)
  • small doll clothes or clothes cut-outs
  • strips of paper with the titles of the songs your primary has learned thus far.  If the song has more than one verse, make a strip for each verse - "Family of God, verse 1."
  • adhere the strips to the clothes - tape or safety pin
  • a clothes basket or small basket for the clothes
Tell the children that they will be reviewing songs today.  As they finish a song or verse, you or they will help determine if the song is ready to "hang out to dry" or if it needs a "second washing."  Hang up the article of clothing with the song on it after they have sung it well enough to "dry."

You can just hang out the strips of paper for an easier version of the activity.

This is a great activity to repeat again in 6 weeks or so.

1 comment:

  1. Steph, I'm going to do this one and adhere the songs to Teddy's newborn clothes! I'm so excited! I recently got my clothesline up in my yard and my mom made me a bag for my clothespins, so this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete