Saturday, January 24, 2015

I Know That My Savior Loves Me - 2nd verse

Teaching the second verse of "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" can be taught in a fun and memorable way. 
In a large bag (pillow case, big plastic or paper bag) be creative, place the following items that go with the phrases of the 2nd verse:
  • Now I am here in a beautiful place - a globe of the earth or a picture of the earth
  • Learning the teachings of Jesus. - a set of scriptures (The New Testament because that's what we are studying this year)
  • Parents and teachers will help guide the way - a picture of parents and a child and a teacher in a classroom
  • Lighting my path ev'ry day - a flashlight (preferably one that works)
  • Wrapped in the arms of my savior's love - a picture of the Savior with his arms out-stretched and a heart cut-out
  • I feel His gentle touch - a cut-out of a hand - point to one finger (you could also use a glove)
  • Living each day, I will follow His way, home to my father above - a map - you could draw a home or earth then a line from earth to Heaven (clouds with light shining behind it) or a picture of Lehi's dream and the iron rod
Once you have taught each phrase (in order) put all the items back into the bag and have a child pull out one item and  sing the phrase.  End by singing the entire song with the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment