Saturday, January 3, 2015

I Know that My Savior Loves Me

This month's song is the new one in the back of the 2015 Primary Program, "I Know that My Savior Loves Me."  We learned and sang it in 2011 for the program so some of the children may remember it.  In the 2015 Primary Program, the last two pages give some great ideas for teaching songs to children.  The last page gives some ideas for teaching "I Know that My Savior Loves Me."

I teach the chorus first.  Repeating after each verse solidifies not only the message but the children internalize it and they all enjoy singing it.  This also helps those 3 and 4 year-olds learn it and they will sing it out even if they never really learn the rest of the song.

Here are some ideas for teaching the chorus:

I know He lives    point to your head (brain)
I will follow faithfully    2 fingers "walk" along the palm of the other hand
My heart I give to Him     hand over your heart then stretch your arm out as if giving your heart
I know that my Savior love me     both hands cover your heart

These are helpful hints for the children (and teachers) to remember the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment