Saturday, August 8, 2015

Why do I like this song?

Write the title for each song that you are singing for the Primary Sacrament Meeting Program on strips of paper. You will need 2 or 3 strips for each song.   Hopefully, you will be singing at least 5 songs.  Put the papers in a basket or container.  Tell the children to be thinking about the songs that they have been learning for the program and what they like about the song.  Answers could be: I like the melody, I like how fast we sing it, I like the words, I like the part that goes like _______, I like how fun it is to sing it, I like the story it tells, etc.  The children may need suggestions to begin with.

Have a child draw a paper and read the title.  Sing the song and then ask two or three children to tell what they like about it.  Continue drawing the papers and singing the songs.  You should be able to sing each song twice during singing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment