Saturday, January 29, 2011

Matching Game - If I Listen With My Heart

You will need 8 pieces of paper of two different colors (16 pieces in all)  On on color of paper write the first 8 phrases -- one phrase per paper:
  1. If I had been a little child
  2. I can hear His words of Peace
  3. I hear a living prophet speak
  4. The prophet teaches ho to live
  5. He comforts me in times of need
  6. He testifies of Christ
  7. He speaks to me in quiet ways
  8. I hear the Savior's voice
On the second color of paper write the following words -- one per paper:
  1. First Verse
  2. First Verse
  3. Second Verse
  4. Second Verse
  5. Third Verse
  6. Third Verse
  7. Third Verse
  8. Chorus
Make sure that you cannot see the words from the back side.  (You may want to mount the papers on another piece of paper -- construction paper works well.)  On the board (or wall) tape the first 8 papers on one side face side towards the board.  On the other side tape the other 8 papers face side towards the board. The children will take turns turning over one paper from one side and matching to the correct verse on the other side of the board..  Sing each verse after each match.

You can make it a little easier by taping the verses facing out and taking turns turning over the phrases to match with the verses.

1 comment:

  1. I used this game today as a review for the song. It worked great! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete